Friday, November 14, 2008

i hate important decisions.

i'm on a college search tonight - just to see what the heck is out there. what the world has to offer miss miller. ha. not that i know what i'm doing with my life. and really, what's the point of it all? we go to school for like five million years just to get a job and be "successful". most of the people you talk to don't even like their jobs anyway. why can't we just spend our lives with the ones we love and be done with it? plus, i conclude that money is just an idea and serves no true purpose. which is most people's incentive for a job. it's just like time - just a marker, really. something made up so we all feel more intelligent and proud of ourselves.

... okay, fine. i'm getting a little ahead of myself. obviously. without money, we'd all be ruined. so then let's all just become farmers, grow our own food, and that be it? *sigh* forget college.

then again. i can't picture myself on a farm. i'm sure you just pictured that for yourself and laughed at me.


i'm done.

3 comments:

Leah said...

College searching is exhausting. and important decisions are stressful. but in the end things end up working out how they are supposed to. :)

Claire Jones said...

i hate looking for colleges.
and i am seriously stressing out. don't listen to me, listen to leah.
she's good for advice and i am good for funny.
:]

Reader 4 Life said...

Goodness gracious - the vision of you on a farm just made me laugh!!
I don't think you should use money as your motivator - your life will not be full. One should choose their paths based on whether or not they can make a difference in people's lives. For example, I think a domestic engineer (homemaker) is an admirable position if you truly do it because you feel that is where your talents and gifts lie. I chose to be a teacher because I truly thought I could help guide young people in their lives (not just necessarily in math either). I felt I could make a difference. The money is only what I need to live (house, clothes...). But it is not what motivates me. I could go on and on - but Why college? because I knew I couldn't use my talents (mathematics and my personality) at a factory or a farm :-) Not everyone needs to go to college, it all depends are where you feel your place is in this big wide world.